Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

------- Original Message -------
On Monday, August 14th, 2023 at 22:11, Jason Long <hack3r...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 14, 2023 at 11:47 PM, tincantech
>
> > <tincant...@protonmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,

There are many reasons which could explain your problem:
* You may be using a server with multiple NICs, which is configured
  incorrectly.
* You may have configured your network routing incorrectly.
8 You may have configured --ccd-exclusive incorrectly.
* You may have some other unknown problem.

Regarding the issue above, if you want to verify that --ccd-exclusive is
working correctly then simply remove 'ccd-exclusive' from your server config,
restart your server and try to connect again. If your client can now connect
then --ccd-exclusive was successfully rejecting your client because there
>was no CCD file for that client.

>HTH
>tct

Hello,
My OpenVPN server internal network IP is "192.168.1.20" and the IP address of
client is "192.168.1.21". Both VMs can ping each other.

According to "https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/HOWTO";, I did the
following stpes:

# mkdir /etc/openvpn/ccd
# nano /etc/openvpn/server.conf

client-config-dir ccd
ccd-exclusive
route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0

Then:

# touch /etc/openvpn/ccd/Test-PC
# nano /etc/openvpn/ccd/Test-PC

iroute 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0

After it, I started the OpenVPN service and it worked. On client, when I want
to connect to my OpenVPN server, then it showed me:

Tue Aug 15 14:10:22 2023 TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within
60 seconds (check your network connectivity)
Tue Aug 15 14:10:22 2023 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed

I take a look at
"https://openvpn.net/faq/tls-error-tls-key-negotiation-failed-to-occur-within-60-seconds-check-your-network-connectivity/";
 too.

When I removed the following lines from my server.conf, then my client can
connect to the server:

client-config-dir ccd
ccd-exclusive
route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0

How can I solve it? I changed protocol from UDP to TCP, but problem was not
solved.