Hi,

On Wed, Aug 16, 2023 at 06:35:01AM +0000, Jason Long wrote:
> I added the following lines to my server.conf:
>
> client-config-dir myclient
> ccd-exclusive
> route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0

This tells the server "put routing towards 192.168.1.0 into the VPN",
while 192.168.1.x is your LAN network.  So this does not make sense.

> multihome
>

> Client showed me:
[..]
> Wed Aug 16 11:01:39 2023 TLS: tls_multi_process: initial untrusted session
> promoted to trusted

So the network between client and server is good now...

> Wed Aug 16 11:01:39 2023 AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED

... but the server refuses this client.  So you must look into the server
log to see why it does so.

My guess is that the ccd file you created does not have the right name
(must match the CN in the client certificate), or is not in the right
place, or you did fancy thing with chroot (paths must match *inside*
the chroot environment).

gert