On Tue, Aug 22, 2023 at 4:54 PM, Gert Doering
<g...@greenie.muc.de> wrote:  >Hi,

>On Tue, Aug 22, 2023 at 07:56:44AM +0000, >Jason Long wrote:
> Thank you so much again.
> 1- When I use "local" then I must not use >"multihome" and vice versa?

>When you use local, the IP address that >OpenVPN will use is fixed, so
>no need for "multihome".

> 2- The multihome statement does not need a >parameter? I just need to put it
> inside of the >server.conf file?

>A quick view into the OpenVPN man page >would answer this...

>So, yes, no parameters, into the server config.

>gert
>--
>"If was one thing all people took for granted, >was conviction that if you
>feed honest figures into a computer, honest >figures come out. Never doubted
>it myself till I met a computer with a sense of >humor."
>                             Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon >is a Harsh Mistress

>Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                            >g...@greenie.muc.de

Hi Gert,Thanks again.
What is your opinion about the following options?
Method 1:
In server.conf:local 1.2.3.X
In client.conf:remote 1.2.3.X port

Method 2:
In server.conf:multihome

In client.conf:remote 1.2.3.X port
Have I understood correctly?When I use the "local" statement with an IP address
in the server.conf file, then I should write the IP address that I have used it
along with the "local" statement in the client.conf file.
When I use the "multihome" statement in the server.con file, then I can use any
IP address set on the server NIC in the client.conf file.