Hi,

On Sun, Jan 21, 2024 at 09:08:01PM +0100, Bo Berglund wrote:
> Now I wonder if there is anything at all one can do on a server instance level
> to disable that setting such that the timestamps are returned to the logfiles?
> Like:
> "reset suppress-timestamps"
> or similar?

OpenVPN does not assume to be called from something that sets undesired
variables to be cleared again later on - which would make the config
handling even more complex than it is today.

Systemd assumes that the world behaves like systemd developers think
it should, so "no timestamps" and "all logs go to the systemd journal".

If you do not want that, you unfortunately need to change both places,
openvpn config (to change log file location) and systemd unit to get rid
of the "--suppress-timestamps" setting.  Fortunately, this is still allowed.

gert