On 27.01.24 10:37, Bo Berglund wrote:
It seems like there is a global conf file somewhere which is used by all
instances of the openvpn service, but I am confused by the various statements on
how to edit this file.

Please:
Exactly where is this file? ( /path/to/conffile )

If I may put words into the mouths of the systemd maintainers:

"None of your business. If you need the unit file(s) changed, you've been given the 'systemctl edit ...' command. If you touch the files directly, you're trying to do *our* job, and will be held liable to have acquired, and keep updated to, the required level of know-how."

(Note that, back when I had to try to get rid of the parameterless "--daemon" in the unit file, I found that the unit file would get overwritten with every update - unlike "normal" config files, where a new packaged version would be put into a *.rpmnew file when the update finds the current version manually changed.)

Kind regards,
--
Jochen Bern
Systemingenieur