On 03.04.24 13:30, Ralf Hildebrandt via Openvpn-users wrote:
I don't see such an option in the docs (for 2.6, to be precise), but let me
ask a question for clarification: Does your setup answer requests to a
now-disabled IP with some explicit denial (ICMP UNREACHABLE, RST, whatever),

No, since the machine might still be active and serving existing
openvpn sessions (basically we'd like to keep serving existing clients
and disallow new clients)

... well, that wouldn't keep me from trying something along the lines of

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport $MYPORT -m state --state NEW -j REJECT
iptables -I INPUT -p udp --dport $MYPORT -m state --state NEW -j REJECT

but YMDOPMV¹ ...

Note, however, that this interprets your term "new client" so as to include clients that *were* connected seconds ago, but choose to *re*connect for whatever reason.

¹ "Your Mileage, Distro, and Other Parameters May Vary"

Kind regards,
--
Jochen Bern
Systemingenieur