Sorry, the syntax in my previous mail was not correct. The following should
work:

    # other OpenWRT/LEDE configurations
    openwisp2fw_source_other_configs:
        # busybox
        - CONFIG_BUSYBOX_CUSTOM=y
        - CONFIG_BUSYBOX_CONFIG_FEATURE_EDITING_SAVEHISTORY=y
        - CONFIG_BUSYBOX_CONFIG_FEATURE_EDITING_SAVE_ON_EXIT=y
        - CONFIG_BUSYBOX_CONFIG_FEATURE_REVERSE_SEARCH=y
        - CONFIG_BUSYBOX_CONFIG_FEATURE_VI_UNDO=y
        - CONFIG_BUSYBOX_CONFIG_WATCH=y
        # workaround to avoid conflicts between wpad and wpad-mini
        - "# CONFIG_PACKAGE_wpad-mini is not set"
        # workaround to compile GL-MT300A
        - 'CONFIG_TARGET_SUBTARGET="mt7620"'
        - 'CONFIG_TARGET_PROFILE="DEVICE_gl-mt300a"'

Federico