Hello

it may be a long time before someone decides to get it done it but if you
are interested in
implementing it yourself it should not be too difficult to get something
usable.

The conversion from NetJSON to the configuration syntax for whatever
software is implemented
in a Python module called netjsonconfig, you can find the documentation
here [2], but you
can also create your own backend as a plugin. Here [0] you can find more
information on how
to make your own backend and make it available to netjsonconfig. As an
example the
OpenVPN backend is provided by netjsonconfig but it could be extracted or
superseded
by a another implementation from some other contributor.

I implemented a backend for the AirOS firmware [1] not so long ago and
published it
as a plugin that you can use with netjsonconfig, you could use it as an
example
to look at the structure and how the conversion process is divided into
picking out
the right values, putting them into nested dictionaries and then outputting
the
configuration text.

Also it would be very useful if you could look at the documentation on how
create your own backend and provide some feedback as I guess I am the only
user of this feature and I wrote the docs a long time ago.

As a recap, yep totally doable, the effort is in figuring out an
intermediate
data structure (could be just nested dictionaries) to hold the values you
are
interested in and then making sure you respect the syntax of the
configuration
file that wireguard expects.

If you are further interested in implementing this I can provide guidance
in writing the backend from scratch but I have seriously no idea of what
wireguard is expecting as a configuration file and if the syntax is easy to
respect.

Best of luck

[0]:
http://netjsonconfig.openwisp.org/en/stable/backends/create_your_backend.html