Hi everyone,

a quick report on this subject. Our goals were:

On Tuesday, September 29, 2020 at 2:00:23 PM UTC-5, Federico Capoano wrote:

> - organization goals
>     - push issues that are in the plan for the next releases, close at
> least 5, ideally 10

Goal reached!

>     - strengthening the community by training new contributors, achieve at
> least 3 proficient contributors

Goal reached! I can count at least 3 recurring contributors who have sent
useful patches during the program and some of them are still contributing.

>     - increase visibility on social media by posting at least 5
> interesting posts during the program

 We didn't do very well on this, we did publish at least 5 posts but mostly
from us organizers, so I ask anyone who participated actively (as
contributor and mentor) and hasn't published anything to do so (eg: share
your experience, how's been useful, what could be improved, if there's
anything you didn't like).

I also summarized my experience in this tweet:
https://twitter.com/nemesisdesign/status/1324021272116908036

Copy/pasting the content below for archiving purposes:

[image: hacktoberfest-results.png] <about:invalid#zClosurez>

30 issues closed during #hacktoberfest2020. Good involvement of former
Google Summer of Code students in mentoring, seen some former Google
Code-In ones participating as well.
Not huge, but a step forward for @openwisp.
Spam was limited. Overall was worth it! THX @digitalocean!

*I want to go back focusing on pushing the next releases now.*
*We need to take all the good work we've been doing in the last 6 months,
release it and package it (eg: release on pypi, make it installable via
ansible-openwisp2 and docker-openwisp, update the openwrt package in the
official openwrt feeds) so that all our users can benefit from it, start
using it, give us feedback about how to improve it and keep advancing with
our broader goals.*

I prepared a new project board
here: https://github.com/orgs/openwisp/projects/4
We're already actively working on the issues there.

Best regards
Federico Capoano