Hi,

On Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 9:09:51 PM UTC+5:30 federico...@gmail.com
wrote:

> What would be the steps needed to participate?

To the best of my knowledge, there are no formal steps for participation.

The event rules are roughly are as followed:
- Participants have to create 5-6 pull requests on any project hosted on
GitHub
- If they do that within the month of October, they  get a shirt.

My understanding of the event is that:
- It's a great event for people getting started open-source for the first
time.
- Like GCI, it attracts a lot of people who are just interested in the
shirt and not any project so we need to be careful about spending a lot of
time on someone who is there just for the reward and wants us to do most of
the work.

I would give it some time to mark some `good-first-issues` with
`hacktoberfest` tag.

Best,
Ajay T.