Ensure it's running and ensure the configuration is being applied, try to
change the configuration in the controller (eg: change the name of the
device).

For further troubleshooting I suggest joining the support chat
<https://gitter.im/openwisp/general> which is better for these kinds of
small issues.

Best regards
*Federico Capoano*