I am glad you found a way around it, as soon as possible we'll implement
support for accomplishing this more easily (issue: [feature] Add support
for DSA <https://github.com/openwisp/netjsonconfig/issues/195>).
In the meantime, if you could go to "advanced mode", copy the JSON output
you see and send it here it may help somebody else like you who may need to
do the same while the new feature is not ready.

Best regards
Federico Capoano