If you're using the ansible-openwisp2 role (
https://github.com/openwisp/ansible-openwisp2), you can disable a specific
module by setting its corresponding flag to false
The README provides instructions on how to enable modules, and you can use
the same variables to disable them.

There are other methods as well. Could you please specify which modules you
want to disable and the deployment method you used?

Technically, most modules can function as standalone applications if
necessary, but some modules depend on others.
For more information on these dependencies, please refer to the
architecture documentation:
https://openwisp.io/docs/general/architecture.html

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards
Federico Capoano