On Saturday 22 March 2008 14:37:10 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > I don't like that gpiomask.
> > Why is it needed? It's difficult for users to calculate it.
> > So we need to calculate that automatically, or remove the need to have it.
> > Though, calculating bitmasks might not be that easy in the shell. But I
> > think
> > it should be possible, if we use some precalculated tables and stuff.
> > In any case, requireing the user to do the calculation is the wrong thing
> > IMO.
> I also don't like the manual gpiomask calculation. It's too difficult for
> most users.
>
> I think gpiomask is still required and without the driver isn't working for
> me (tested on WRT54GL).
> Though, I don't remember exactly what gpiomask is used for but maybe nbd or
> [mbm] can explain it once more for us.

Hm, sounds like diag will override the GPIO settings.
It should work without this mask (and in fact does for me),
as the mmc-over-gpio driver does properly set the required configuration
to the GPIO pins through the lowlevel GPIO functions.
It does also request this GPIO line, however, on SSB the request still is a NOP,
so it's possible for two drivers accessing a GPIO line at the same time.
So I guess diag simply does poke with some GPIO line that we need.

Additionally, the GPIO-mask is not really a per-mmc-card option, but it is
stored per-mmc-card in the config. It really is a _global_ option.

So if you have two MMC cards (which is theoretically possible, if you have
enough GPIO lines), you'd need _one_ global gpiomask that holds the bits of
both card's GPIO lines.

In the end, I think we first need to figure out what the gpiomask in diag really
does.

--
Greetings Michael.