On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 6:21 AM, Steven Van Ingelgem
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What packages are minimally needed to make an OpenWRT run?

The below list is, for all intents and purposes, the minimal list.
Notes below on removal.

> The packages getting compiled are:
> - base-files
> - bridge-utils

Not entirely necessary if you have a built-in switch, but I'm unsure
whether the init scripts have a hard dependency on it or not.

> - broadcom-diag

Removable if you don't care whether the LEDs work; may break other
core scripts in base-files that depend on what it provides, though.

> - wireless-tools

No need if not wireless

> - nvram
> - broadcom-wl

No need if not wireless

> - busybox
> - dnsmasq

Removable if you have DNS/DHCP elsewhere or build them in to busybox
and configure them yourself.

> - dropbear

Not necessary if SSH isn't a concern (I rather think it is).

> - iptables

Not necessary if you don't want firewalling, but some init scripts
will most likely break.

> - kernel
> - mtd
> - libpcap

Unsure, probably a dependency of one of the following packages.

> - linux-atm

Not necessary unless you're doing native ADSL or some other ATM-based comms

> - ppp

DSL or any form of dialup.

> - switch
> - lua

Becoming a core language to OpenWRT; unsure of its immediate relevancy.

> - uci

Necessary - this is the core configuration tool for OWRT.  You don't
have this, most things will break.