Hi Luigi,

I have a patch [1] for external toolchains support, it will allow you to
select your target name (powerpc-unknow-linux-gnu), toolchain commands
prefix, toolchain binaries & libraries path (for toolchains installed in
unusual locations and needing custom PATH & LD_LIBRARY_PATH).

Let me know if it works for you :)

1.
http://nico-and-co.net/void/patches/openwrt-r14204-external_toolchain.patch

--