On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 23:45 -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> I have an asus wl500gp that I'm trying to kexec a kernel on.  I had
> written about this before but have another bit of info and I'm hoping it
> rings a bell for someone so that I don't have to through the painful
> process of printk() instrumenting the kernel and flashing new kernels
> with more and more debug.

Ah ha!  Seems this was a simple case of KEXEC not being configured in
the kernel configuration.  Now I can load a kernel with no (apparent)
problems:

r...@gw:~# kexec -l /vmlinux-2.6.25.20 --append="root=/dev/mtdblock2
rootfstype=squashfs,jffs2 init=/etc/preinit noinitrd console=ttyS0,115200"

but booting it doesn't seem to complete:

r...@gw:~# kexec -e

and it reboots, but never comes back until I power reset the unit.

I guess a serial port could really help at this point.  I don't have one
though.  I guess I should look into adding one to my wl500gp.

Any ideas before/while I do though?

Any debugging tips on how I can determine how far it's getting without a
serial console?

b.