Hi,

*sigh* shortly after it got committed to trunk, I think I see how I
broke ar8216 on ar71xx (actually it was already "broken" before):

The header mode gets handled by the ar8216 driver itself, in theory,
but the ar8216_netif_rx never gets called by the ag71xx driver. This
leads to following situations:

Header mode is disabled (= no VLANs):
rx: ag71xx tries to remove header, fails => no rx
tx: ag71xx adds header => packet gets dropped by switch

Header mode is enabled:
rx: ag71xx tries to remove header, succeeds => ok
tx: ar8216 driver adds header, ag71xx adds header => packet gets dropped

I'll take a look at where the ag71xx should call the phy's netif_rx(),
this should make the special ar8216 support obselete in general.

Regards,
Jonas Gorski