Hi,

On Sunday 18 July 2010 15:39:11 Gabriel Kerneis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Using the snapshot release of OpenWrt, I cannot access the dns proxy
> feature of dnsmasq with IPv6.
>
> Here is what works and what does not:
> - I have a dual-stack router, that I can ping from my client with both
> IPv4 and IPv6,
> - dnsmasq -v on this router says that it is IPv6 enabled,
> - netstat -l confirms that it listens on both IPv4 and IPv6 (port 53, tcp
> & udp),
> - my firewall is configured to accept any request from the LAN,
> - but when I put the IPv6 address of my router instead of the IPv4 one in
> /etc/hosts on my client, it does not work (and using host -6 fails at
> well).
>
> Using tcpdump on the router, I can see the request from the client coming
> but no answer when I use IPv6 (contrary to IPv4).
>
> There must be something obvious that I am missing, but I am totally lost.
> Do you have any idea or already faced this kind of issue?

You can check a couple of things :
- make sure your build is IPv6 enabled, including support for IPv6 sockets in
your C library (it should be the case)
- check that dnsmasq is actually bound to an IPv6 socket, if support for these
are disabled, it may just silently drop binding on these
- the default firewall is now IPv6 aware and might block DNS requests to your
router
--
Florian