On Friday 01 April 2011, Peter Lebbing wrote:
> On 01/04/11 03:27, Yeoh Chun Yeow wrote:
> > Ok I found the script.
> >
> > read-all-adm output attach.
>
> Thanks very much. It's not vital, but if you still have the setup ready,
> could you remove the VLAN related config from your /etc/config/network and
> run the script again? It would be helpful if the driver didn't configure
> VLANs before running the register dumping script.
>
> Other than that, I've had a quick look, and it doesn't make me happy. First
> and foremost, the product ID for the FC and M chips is identical down to
> the last bit! They reserve a whopping 32 bits for a "Chip Identifier" and
> still they both read 0007:1023! So there doesn't seem to be a standard way
> to tell the chips apart.
Well I suppose if all else fails it will have to be a module parameter, but
that would definitely be second best.

David

> And they do seem to differ, which makes sense. There is a lot in common. I
> could really use the datasheet for the -FC variant, but all the so-called
> datasheets for that chip I've found describe a completely different
> device.
Its a shame that Ubiquiti, who after all ship Openwrt with their board, can
not be prevailed upon to provide some information.

Over time I have accumulated three adm6996 datasheets, one for the L variant,
one for M and one for F (but not FC).  The M one is vast (7MB), but the F
is small (700K) and the L 1.7M.  I can email them to you direct if you want
as I suspect the list would not appreciate them being broadcast.  I have
no idea where I got them from although none are marked confidential so they
should be freely distributable.

David