Hello all,
I'm currently working on rtl8196 port, and those weird guys from realtek
implemented there a different architecture rlx in kernel.
Basically, much is borrowed from mips, but small differences here and
there are present. I applied openwrt command hack to rlx, however, that
didn't work out of the box.
To get patch-cmdline actually patch rlx's vmlinux I had to widen the
SEARCH_SPACE (
http://invyl.ath.cx/cgit/cgit.cgi/openwrt/commit/?id=38a13e566f179a12803a391ca941cad1f806db08
). The next thing was, that despite the image gets patched, and I see the
correct text hexdump'ing the image, the kernel command line stays the same.
Looks like some other place needs to get patched, but I just can't firure
where to look. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

I have now fixed the image packing for initial support for different
boards, and, hopefully I'll get spi flash up&running next week. What should
the state of the port be, before it's ok to send in the patches to the
trunk? :)

Regards,
Andrew