Hi Simon,

> I hardcoded only the first part of the data - the fixup data - which
> should not change between different insttances of the same model, and
> then read the nand partition at the time the ath driver loaded.
>
> you should be able to do something similar to read your file?

My eeprom file will be gone once openwrt is in flash :)
Your method will save at least at lot of nasty header data, but still
a little left. It does not completely detach the kernel from the
eeprom data.

If you want no eeprom data at all in the kernel, I think the eeprom
should be handled like any other firmware:
http://www.makelinux.net/ldd3/chp-14-sect-8. After loading the eeprom
from userspace (dd from flash or file), force a pci rescan and load
the ath driver...

Kind regards,
Pieter