> No release is necessary. The OpenWrt stable maintainer(s) need to backport
> that fix to stable or you do it yourself or you use trunk.

Hello,

this conversation come out to be very interesting to me. I finally
realize why Ninux Pisa uses OpenWRT trunk and not a stable realease.

Marek may I ask if the matter is just this bug with the start/stop
scripts not working correctly at boot, or if there are more issues in
using the batman-adv package with the backfire branch ?

The one million dollar question is if we identify all this problems
can we make sure the OpenWRT developers backport all the necessary
stuff from trunk in the next stable release ?

thanks

Saverio