Is there any status update regarding the Attitude Adjustment 12.09 (or 12.10?) release process?

It has already been about four weeks since the beta was published, so it would be nice to hear any news about the schedule.

I have not seen any branching at the SVN, but after an announced freeze for AA release (and a long pause in major checkinsin early September) there has been lots of updating activity in the past few days giving grounds to the thought that the branch point has been selected and checking would be for the post-AA trunk. One dev also hinted that trunk has already separated from Attitude Adjustment ( https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/7604#comment:5 ).

Then today a "beta 2" popped up: https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/12143#comment:1

That leaves me a bit confused where we are in the process. A new beta2 coming and the release being postponed to October?