Hi,

I'm using TP-Link WR741ND routers with openwrt, and I want to log some debug files, to know for example how many packets have been transmitted in a period of time. For that purpose I use while loops and log the results. The problem is that I couldn't find how to use a good time reference to measure the time periods. In a PC I can use the date command with nanoseconds resolution, but in openwrt it seems that it's not possible to get more resolution than 1 second, at least with the date command. I'd like to know if there's a way to get a resolution of at least milliseconds in user space. I've read in some posts that the problem with routers is that most of them don't have RTCs, but with ticks relative to processor's clock i'd be OK. I've also read here:

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=21965

people recommending to write a specific timer function, but i wanted to be sure that there's no a simple way.

Regards

Gabriel