Hi

if you know how to compile openwrt yourself, you can activate nanoseconds
support for date command in:
Base system / busybox / coreutils / Support %[num]N nanosecond format specifier
BUSYBOX_CONFIG_FEATURE_DATE_NANO is in trunk since
https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/22665/trunk/package/busybox/config/coreutils/Config.in

/proc/uptime is a good trick, thanks for this one