2012/12/17 Nathan Hintz <nlhi...@hotmail.com>:
> On Sun, 2012-12-16 at 19:34 +0000, Ch'Gans wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> We have a bricked WRT54GS v2 here, and are trying to bring it back to
>> life, with no success so far.
>> Are there any CFE/images guru around?
>> I've connected the router and the host computer together and setup a
>> tftp server. from CFE i can load and flash a file.
>>
>> The problem is that none of my attempts succeed.
>> I tried things like:
>> flash -noheader 192.168.1.2:openwrt-wrt54gs-squashfs.bin flash0.os
>>
>> i tried combinations:
>> - with or without -header
>> - squashfs.bin vs .trx
>> - flash0.os vs flash0.trx
>> - flash0 vs flash1
>>
>> but none of them works.
>> the best case gave ne a checksum error.
>>
>> Does anyone know the magic command do reflash the router via CFE and TFTP?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>> Chris
>>

> On Linksys E3000; I use this:
>
> At CFE Prompt:  upgrade code.bin
> On Computer:    tftp -4 -m octet 192.168.1.1 -c put
> openwrt-e3000_v1-squashfs.bin
>
> Typing "help" or "help <command>" at the CFE prompt might give you additional
> clues
> as to what is supported.

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the info. Btw, where did u get this
"openwrt-e3000_v1-squashfs.bin" file? Did u build it yourself? If so,
which branch did u used? Are you using the patch set mentioned at
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/linksys/e3000 ?
We have a guy here that would like to install openwrt on his E3000,
but without success so far. Any information would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris