* Damian Kaczkowski <damian.kaczkow...@gmail.com> [05.01.2013 09:37]:

> btw. Do we really need dependency for mkswap / swaponoff ? You can use any
> fs on zram disk not only swap (also your init script already checks for

you are right, zram-discs can be much more, e.g. /tmpfs replacement,
i already tinkered a bit with this - tmpfs is deep knotted in preinit,
so the most "careful" way is to copy /tmpfs stuff during rc-init into
a zram disc and remount /tmpfs 8-) it will play with this a this should
result in a package/init-script e.g. 'zram-tmpfs'

> mkswap and swapon bins (but not swapoff btw.)). Maybe better would be what
> hauke proposed? - just set CONFIG_BUSYBOX_CONFIG_MKSWAP=y,
> CONFIG_BUSYBOX_CONFIG_SWAPONOFF=y as default config. Then also some other
> packages might benefit from this, eg. block-mount

i dont like the idea to bloat the standard build, this is my proposal:

- build zram as kmodule
- build user-package zram-swap, which has the deps:
  mkswap + swaponoff + zram-kmodule

if a user on a standard build does 'opkg install zram-swap' it
must also install the applets 'busybox-mkswap' and 'busybox-swaponoff'
so they must be build separately in the standard-build (so the repo's
gets them)

is there a way the define a global var "SWAPUTILS" which can point
busybox-stuff OR gnu-stuff?

bye, bastian