* Daniel Gimpelevich <dan...@gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us> [31.01.2013
16:47]:

> You mean the days before this?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowers_v._Baystate_Technologies
> Any such effort to do this would need to be using the "clean-room"

hmmm, correct me but the drivers are GPL licenced (automatically) because
they are shipped with a GPL-kernel. only problem is you havent the
source. so simply make it and release anonymously? 8-) if you care i
will do. i'am sure no one will complain...

the question was more: are there tools available, which can generate
"good" c-code out of a mips-object file?

> method, which is exactly what OpenWrt jumpstarted for the brcm43xx
> chips, leading to the modern "b43" driver, which OpenWrt then made use

b43 is another story, because there was a need/wish to use
linux-infrastructure instead of an self-implemented 80211 env
(which is what wl did)

bye, bastian