2013/4/3 Bruno Wolff III <br...@wolff.to>:
> On Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 09:23:13 -0400,
>   Nick Podolak <sur4...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Additionally, the historical data points out that there hasn't ever been
>> more than one active maintenance branch at a time.  (the last update to
>> 8.09 happened before 10.03 and the last update to 10.03 was before 12.10)
>> Is this due to a lack of available maintainers or a decision that after
>> 2-2.5 years the branch is no longer relevant?
>
> Worrying about LTS kernels really only makes sense if there is going to be
> LTS. Which it seems there mostly isn't, as old branches don't get attention.

Not really. Even if AA isn't going to be LTS, at the moment of
releasing it, 3.3 is already EOL. LTS kernel (Linux) would help in
that case. So I think it's generally a good idea to base OpenWrt
releases on LTS kernels, especially if you consider how long it take
us to go from beta to final.

--
Rafał