On Wed, 3 Apr 2013, Rafa? Mi?ecki wrote:

I wanted predefined 6-monthly release cycles for years now, while others
think a release should bring something new all the time.

I'm not going to reinvent the wheel analyzing how hard it is to say
how many features make it worth releasing new version. A lot of big
(and actively developed) projects are using cycling releases now
(including Linux kernel). And come one, OpenWrt is getting a lot of
patches almost daily.
I like 6-monthly (of similar) release cycle, it's just a matter of
fact of finding some ppl leading that releases.

If nothing else, there is support for new hardware all the time.

A lot of people get really nervous about installing from a dev tree onto their one and only router. They really should be able to install from a release before the hardware is discontinued.

David Lang