The switch driver handling in the brcm47xx target was broken for some
time, this is more or less fixed now [0]. This also included a problem
of packages leaking between WAN and LAN for some seconds at boot.

For kernel 3.10 the brcm47xx target switched from the old switch driver
to the new b53 driver written by Jonas [1]. This was successfully tested
on some devices with b44 and bgmac driver by me. The plan is to remove
the old switch driver from OpenWrt before the next major release.

With kernel 3.10 there is no support for the ADMTEK Adm6996 switch in
the brcm47xx target which is used on some old devices like the WRT54G
revision 1.0 to 2.1. I do not own such a device so someone else has to
convert this driver to a phy driver or someone has to send me such a device.

The tg3 driver was not tested with the new switch, my device with a
BCM4705 is currently broken and I haven't found the time to fix the
bootloader with a jTag, could someone else please test it and report back?

Initial support for the new BCM4707/BCM4708/BCM4709/BCM53010 SoC with
ARM CPUs was added to OpenWrt [2], my device is currently just able to
boot into an initramfs, but I am working on adding support for more
components.

Hauke

[0]: https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/37286
[1]: https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/37304