Hello All,

I operate a small adhoc meshing network in a residential neighborhood,
presently based on AA r36669 running on a mixture of ar71xx and atheros
devices.

On a small test network comprised of three atheros nodes, which I use for
proving out new firmware, I noticed that AA r38346 demonstrates
dramatically worse throughput between nodes than the same firmware compiled
from r36669, with the nodes at identical locations / spacings.

I have not yet had the opportunity to test whether this apparent regression
also occurs on ar71xx devices.

Is there a preferred method for documenting or reporting speed regressions
on the mac80211 library, considering that accurately measuring such can be
so difficult?  Would it be best for me to attempt the same throughput tests
using firmware compiled against current trunk, to see if the regression is
also present there?

Thank you.

--
Ben West