My mesh uses mostly dlink and tplink (ar71xx moslty athk9) and i am now
working with AA r38315 to deploy new firmware by the end of the year and
these news are serious concerning.I will be testing

The current firmware in the mesh is DISTRIB_REVISION="r35241" and i have
no problems with HT20 or HT40-

On 10/12/2013 12:35 PM, Bastian Bittorf wrote:
> * Ben West <b...@gowasabi.net> [12.10.2013 18:27]:
>> On a small test network comprised of three atheros nodes, which I use for
>> proving out new firmware, I noticed that AA r38346 demonstrates
>> dramatically worse throughput between nodes than the same firmware compiled
>> from r36669, with the nodes at identical locations / spacings.
Could you provide some log and bandwidth test data analysis ? (before
and after)

> i noticed the some for me. here are only Ubiquiti Bullet M5 / ar71xx
> involved, adhoc but longshots (1 neigh). Interesting also: before i used HT40+
> and this is not possible anymore, _nearly_ no packet arrives on the
> other side (HT20 is the same), i had to go down to 5 mhz channels now.
>
> Change was from: r32582 -> r38043
>
> the log is now full with 'ath: phy0: Failed to stop TX DMA'
> (8000 lines in 14 hours). i will update on newest trunk monday.

With AA r35241 i have a few lines from time to time on some routers too
but not that many