On 06/12/2018 23:51, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:

But even this may be not needed: For Tp-Link recently was released a
mobile app Tether to control a router https://www.tp-link.com/us/tether/
This would imply both tying OpenWrt to a proprietary app and limiting
its configuration to whatever settings that happen to be exposed by it -
this hardly sounds like a viable solution to me.

Having an app or a client application to control things would be cool though.

I've seen this tutorial to "create" an Android/iOS app with Blynk that is using a SSH console to send over commands to the Lua interpreter on the device (maybe it can be made to work with shell script)

https://www.instructables.com/id/AndroidiOS-App-to-Access-Your-OpenWrt-Router-Remot/

Just in case someone wants to do that.

-Alberto