On Thu, Nov 07, 2019 at 08:19:27AM +0300, Paul Fertser wrote:
> I see there's some http server mentioned in the wiki article, haven't
> tried it yet (and I can't understand what "simple" web browser it
> talks about, probably there should be a curl command instead?),

So I gave it a try but the results are not fruitful. This command
should work:

curl http://192.168.0.1/cgi/index -F
Send=@built/targets/ath79/tiny/openwrt-ath79-tiny-dlink_dir-615-e4-squashfs-factory.bin

BUT the recovery HTTP server is using a very old uIP implementation
that seems to be unable to play well along with the current TCP stack
in Linux. The result is a very slow upload (left it overnight and it's
still not finished).

>From working with uIP before on an embedded target I know that it
doesn't support delayed ACKs in any form, for any packet it sends it
waits for an ACK before sending the next, and I would guess that for
any packet it receives it's better to wait for its ACK before sending
the next (as I see plenty of duplicated ACKs from this backup server
all confirming just the first packet received, and then long wait
before retransmission). The problem is in the number of packets sent,
not the size (so changing MTU/MSS doesn't help much).

I haven't been able to find a way to trick it into behaving, sorry.

mailto:fercer...@gmail.com