Hi guys,

On 08. 04. 21 11:14, Mauro Mozzarelli wrote:
> Hauke,
>
> I have been using 21.02 for the last 4 weeks and I found 2 importants issues:
>
> 1) OpenVPN up/down:
> https://forum.openwrt.org/t/openwrt-21-02-openvpn-client-up-down-scripts-configuration-ignored/91126
> There are proposed fixes, but I have not seen these yet in the latest 21.02
> branch.
> I question the value of the change introduced for openvpn hotplug, which is
> un-necessary given the existing native up/down options. The change introduces
> additional complexity, cost of maintenance (technical debt) and new possible
> points of failure just to reproduce an existing native openvpn function. The
> value added is therefore unclear. I would remove it altogether.

Yesterday, maintainer of OpenVPN package created PR against OpenWrt
21.02 branch [1], where he cherry-picked commits from master, which
fixes the issue, which you are mention and in the same day, it was merged.
It should be in a few hours if not already present in OpenWrt 21.02.

[1] https://github.com/openwrt/packages/pull/15363

Regards,
Josef