I will address the other points in a separate reply.

On 06/07/2021 13:05, Michael Richardson wrote:
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <henri...@nic.br> wrote:
     > [1] The reports are public, and available at https://ceptro.br.
Disclaimer: I
     > work for a different division of the same NGO that produced those
reports.

Thanks for this pointer... but can you give us the whole URL for those of us
who don't speak Portugese (and google translate doesn't seem to have helped).

Sorry, the reports go in https://cetic.br, I mistakenly wrote the URL for the special projects engineering center (where I work).

There are summaries of the reports in English:

https://cetic.br/en/publicacoes/indice/pesquisas/

The one I quoted is this:

https://cetic.br/en/publicacao/pesquisa-sobre-o-uso-das-tecnologias-de-informacao-e-comunicacao-nos-domicilios-brasileiros-tic-domicilios-2019/

I am not sure how well that PDF report will survive Google translate...

On that report, page 69, the graph shows cellphones in 99% of the surveyed households, but less than 42% of them have computers (of any type: laptop or desktop).

I personally expect things changed somewhat due to the pandemic as some households now have a "work laptop", but I don't expect that to change the whole picture drastically.

--
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
Analista de Projetos