On Mon Jul  5 10:59:43 2010, Nigel Kukard wrote:
If it was C, I would be hacking the code and adding debugging to see
where the connection is terminating ... etc.

I'd be (secretly, of course) delighted if this were a reason to move from a competitor's product, but that's not the case here. Even if this server were written in C, with nice debugging support, and you had the source, this wouldn't help you. M-Link's dropping the connection on its side because it thinks you're running a protocol it doesn't recognise, so you'd need to debug that.

Luckily, M-Link *is* written in C, and I do have the source, as well as a debug build that's duplicating the problem, so I'll take a look. :-)

> I think it's responding with a TLS subversion M-Link doesn't support.
> I'll chase this up with our nice TLS people and find out why.

Thanks man. Nothing has changed on our side at all, same code, md5's
exactly with a backup 1yr ago. Very odd it should break suddenly.

I can't discuss Isode customers, however I can tell you that I upgraded my server to a more recent build of M-Link and haven't noticed this issue before, so I'm pretty sure it's our side.

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:d...@cridland.net - xmpp:d...@dave.cridland.net
 - http://dave.cridland.net/