On Tue Jul  6 15:53:11 2010, Jesse Thompson wrote:
I haven't looked into prosody. ejabberd is the best option, that I am aware of, for hosting lots of virtual domains (although it would be nice if they added the ability to add domains on the fly without requiring a restart of the server.)

FWIW, Prosody allows that, as does M-Link.

As for administrative UIs - M-Link uses XEP-0133 ad-hoc commands for most things, and also gives admins direct access via desktop GUI to the [L]DAP directory it stores things in. I believe Prosody is getting XEP-0133 soon, too.

I think operators thankfully have quite a few options for serious XMPP hosting, which is good - I think - for the operator community. Us implementors actually have serious competition, and therefore incentive to push our products, for one thing.

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:d...@cridland.net - xmpp:d...@dave.cridland.net
 - http://dave.cridland.net/