Il 04/01/2014 14:39, Valérian Saliou ha scritto:
Metronome as I noticed; Marco stated it’s related to an unproper StartTLS stack being running.

We’re running Metronome ourselves on Jappix.com <http://Jappix.com>, so this might also be due to a stricter policy from Metronome, Marco?

--

*Valérian Saliou*

Jappix <https://jappix.com/> & FrenchTouch Web Agency <http://frenchtouch.pro/> founder.
Waaave <https://waaave.com/> co-founder.
Famecoin <http://famecoin.com/> infrastructure manager.

/More about me on /my personal page <https://valeriansaliou.name/>/./

No.

Metronome wise, it's because the server (movim.eu) isn't properly configured. But I found the same behaviour happening from servers running Prosody, ejabberd, OpenFire and beside the latter I think both Prosody and ejabberd latest versions have consistently working tls.

Also, there could be only 2 things on which it is stricter (latest tip, 3.2.26): 1) is that it checks if the stream version is at least 1.0 if not it will close down the stream with unsupported-version which I thought being saner since those servers (GTalk on head) aren't tls capable s2s wise. 2) is that it asserts if a remote server requires starttls and if it isn't capable of because mod_tls isn't loaded/configured or not functioning correctly and mod_dialback is enabled it'll throw a proper log warning and close down the stream to that host.

That's all.

--

*Marco Cirillo*
/LW.Org/LW.Org IM Owner & Head Developer/