For the record, all opm Jenkins building and deployment was maintained by yours
truly for quite some time, so I am genuinely interested in hearing about issues.

Cheers,
Alf

21. mai 2015 15:54 skrev Joakim Hove <jo...@statoil.com> følgende:
> In Statoil the sibling builds have led to quite a lot of wasted developer
> time when tracking down link and build problems when building and deploying
> on Jenkins.

Actually, I have not seen issues related to sibling support. Can you share more
about the issues are you thinking of?

Well – that might be because I have fixed them? We have had several issues with
build system locating siblings of upstream modules instead of the installed
modules.

> the system is very complex to maintain. It has worked well; so the need for
> updates has been very limited – but when/if updates are required it is
> challenging.

Over the years I have more or less given up, and concluded that build systems
are beasts. I am not even sure designing for everybody to easily maintain is a
good target. Some opinions from Roland, Markus and/or Arne Morten here is maybe
helpful.

Well  - as long as we do not have a dedicated “build master” (and I am not
volunteering) – I see it as an essential goal that all the core developers can
maintain the system. But I fully agree that opinions from current master
builders would be valuable.