Hello,

I want to open up a discussion on the pod configuration files regarding the
inventory and network configuration files as described here
https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/genesis/Configuration-files-discussion. As
I'm working on the Pharos validation tool, getting a common configuration
file, at least a baseline common format that can be made alongside
installer configuration files, would help pod owners to support every
installer and allow tools like the Pharos validation tool I'm working on to
work in every deployment scenario without having custom configuration to
support every possible configuration and installer. This would be
preferable to me making yet another configuration file for my tool.

I'd like to know from the developers of the installers what it might take
to use these common configuration formats. Along with this what is needed
to finalize the network configuration file here:
https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/genesis/Common+Network+Settings. This
configuration file is almost perfect aside from how it specifies NICs with
the names the OS gives them (eth0, eth1) rather something more
deterministic is such as the MAC addresses.

Thanks,
Todd Gaunt