Hello Todd.

This is a long standing discussion and was something that GENESIS has an action
to solve within OPNFV _ not really from PHAROS>

The have been well established specifications for what we call a lab, how the
networks and network cards are named. Where and when we want to draw the line.

As well, all lab configurations can be stored securely in securedlab repo –
since certain lab owners don’t want to have their GW and Infrastructure
information out in the open public.

Further to that end, there are many examples of common files to be ready
(DHA/DEA) is one of them.

Its really unclear to me what we are trying to “validate’ in the case of the
validator.  Are we trying to check that a lab “meets” a specification?  If this
is the case, then I would say we need to take a step back, since as of
Colarado, I have seen now 6 different HW topologies being used depending on the
feature and the installer being used.    So if we are going to “validate”, I
would suggest that you get some consensus from the installers about how to
approach this prior to trying to come up with a Validation solution (since
validation implies that we have a rule to follow – and as we have seen, this
“specification” that provided commonality in A and B release has been dropped
(along with the whole of GENESIS not participating in C-release).

My thoughts.. hope that helps, but I really would think that some establishment
and agreement on the common foundations of how to approach a validation of a
lab task is needed otherwise I do think we have a solid base for comparison.

Cheers,