Hi,

I am a bit surprised by the results.

I reviewed the FUNCTEST JIRA.
As far as I can read I found only 14 JIRAs non assigned, all the others
are assigned.
For me, "assigned" means there is one person in the Assignee field, am I
wrong?

the non assigned JIRA corresponded to:
- D release
- Epic: generic topic for which we do not necessarily assign someone,
e.g. FUNCTEST-88 is the EPIC linked to documentation. JIRA tasks/bugs
are created under this EPIC, all these JIRAs are assigned the umbrella
EPIC was not.
As Epic does not appear in board/backlogs, I forgot to close some.

/Morgan

Le 26/08/2016 à 22:59, David McBride a écrit :
> Team,
>
> Some updates for this week's report:
>
>  1. My script will how automatically add any missing versions to your
>     project, so you no longer need to worry about that task.  To be
>     clear, the script simply makes the version strings available for
>     selection in your project.  It does not assign any issues to those
>     versions.
>  2. The script also now determines the ratio of unresolved issues to
>     total issues assigned to the current release (i.e. Colorado 1.0)
>
> Observations:
>
>   * The percentage of projects with no unassigned issues improved
>     slightly from 15% to 25% since my first report.
>       o However, this still means that 3/4 of OPNFV projects still
>         have unassigned issues.  We cannot do meaningful analysis of
>         progress without knowing which version issues are assigned.
>       o Note that all projects now have the "Future Release" version
>         string.  So, if you do not plan to resolve an issue for the
>         current release, and you aren't sure that you will do it in
>         the next release, then assign it to "Future Release".
>   * We are less than one month out from the Colorado 1.0 release, yet
>     there are a startling large number of issues assigned to the
>     release that are unresolved.
>       o Please make sure that you are updating the status of your JIRA
>         issues whenever there is a relevant change.  Don't let fixed
>         issues remain reported as unresolved in JIRA.  This creates a
>         lot of ambiguity when trying to understand the status of the
>         project.
>       o For issues assigned to Colorado 1.0 that you don't believe
>         will be resolved by the release date, you should start
>         reassigning those to Colorado 2.0, or some other future
>         release.  Our goal is to have zero issues assigned to Colorado
>         1.0 by the date of the release.  Don't wait until the last
>         minute to move the issues.
>       o Alternatively, if you believe that an issue is no longer
>         relevant or important, then simply close it.  If you're wrong
>         and the issue is important enough, then it will resurface.  In
>         the mean time, there's no use in suffering the overhead.
>
> Let me know if you have any comments or questions.
>
> --
> *David McBride*
> Release Manager, OPNFV
> Mobile: +1.805.276.8018 <tel:%2B1.805.276.8018>
> Email/Google Talk: dmcbr...@linuxfoundation.org
> <mailto:dmcbr...@linuxfoundation.org>
> Skype: davidjmcbride1
> IRC: dmcbride

Morgan Richomme
Orange/ IMT/ OLN/ CNC/ NCA/ SINA

Network architect for innovative services
Future of the Network community member
Open source Orange community manager

tel. +33 (0) 296 072 106
mob. +33 (0) 637 753 326