The purpose of the project metric is to be able to somehow objectively measure the projects. There is a large number of different metrics defined so that any kind of project can show that they are active.

There could be a better way to clean out dead projects and pick the most active ones. This is one way.

-Tapio

On 09/07/2016 09:24 AM, Frank Brockners (fbrockne) wrote:

+1.

Also note that when we defined the project lifecycle we used metrics like the ones mentioned only as guidance rather than something to compute a composite value – and even there, we did not constrain things to metrics in OPNFV only.

Frank

*From:*SULLIVAN, BRYAN L [mailto:bs3...@att.com]
*Sent:* Dienstag, 6. September 2016 18:48
*To:* Frank Brockners (fbrockne) <fbroc...@cisco.com>; Raymond Paik <rp...@linuxfoundation.org>; opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org *Subject:* RE: [opnfv-tech-discuss] Following up on Project Health metrics discussion

I’m unsure of the overall value of this exercise. Simply ask the PTLs what the “health” of the project is. An honest PTL will tell you, and that’s the only type we should elect.

Publish metrics if you want (we already do), but I would avoid trying to draw conclusions from them. We do not have the luxury (if you can even call it that!) of creating and maintaining a project-introspection framework ala what you might see in corporate development shops. Even considering what metrics are “useful” for specific purposes (e.g. what “useful”/reliable implications can you draw from them) takes too much time away from the real work.

Thanks,

Bryan Sullivan | AT&T