Hello All.

My take on this and sorry maybe a bit blunt, but I don’t see what the purpose
is here?

While guideline, guidance and such are good things, the discussion below seems
awfully heavy and very boxed in.

As Chris in the evaluation on how to improve the community, I am not sure how
we could ever resolve what one person thinks is an adequate measure of
something over another (i.e endless debate), since metrics, improvements -
unless we are talking about something quantifiable - and that would mean taking
this to code optimization level ultimately - are subjective based and
implement/reaction based measured over time in the case of adjustment.

As well +1 to doing our own assessments - since it should be us that outlines
what we want to say about how we feel we have improved, and this only makes
sense I would think as we are the only ones who have the context to see where
we came from to where we are and what we are talking about doing next.

I would say however, that I am really concerned at that level of discussion
across all meetings on project handling and process and such - release and
otherwise - while this shows we are active and "moving" sure - there is a lot
of dissonance in the communication, mixed messages and again, lots of
information overflow.   I would like to see the "Operational" parts of OPNFV
(Release Project, INFRA, TSC) focus more on how we support the projects in
terms of day to day pain points - that is a solid, referable release process, a
solid, regularly maintained method of publish,  a solid Change process (for
anything) that ensures that we don’t discuss and move from one week to another
- not because an idea is good or bad, but simply cause we need to recognize
that there are more than the 25 or so regular attendees in the groups / this
mailing list.

Would there be a market for such publishing outside our domain I would wonder?
For Code stats and fun numbers those are nice to have, but a qualitative review
of how we have improved our processes as a community, im not sure?  I would
vouchsafe that our work in the projects themselves are what OPNFV is pushing
out, the operational aspects of "how we are doing things" - while nice to
outline, against the backdrop of every growing laundry list of things to
"Decide" is really not high on a list?    I didn’t understand from below the
"why" and "who" for this fully.

Cheers and thank you