We are making some progress.

While I do agree with this: “I think projects should have autonomy over when
branches are created.”.
I also think it is up to the release project to set the projects with the
latest date to do it if they want to participate in any given release.  I think
that’s essentially what we are trying to tune and optimize for everyone in this
dialog.

/ Chris

On 13/09/16 16:10, "Dave Neary" <opnfv-tech-discuss-boun...@lists.opnfv.org on
behalf of dne...@redhat.com> wrote:

    Hi,

    On 09/13/2016 06:42 AM, Frank Brockners (fbrockne) wrote:
    > one thing that we’ve not closed on in the discussion last Tuesday is the
    > stable-branching milestone. Per what Morgan and I elaborated on:
    > Branching occurs a lot of unnecessary overhead for projects which have a
    > single development stream only. Hence I’d like to propose that
    >
    > ·       the branching milestones **prior** to the release should
    > **only** be applied to projects which do parallel development.
    >
    > ·       All other projects would branch on the release date – so that we
    > have a proper maintenance branch.
    >
    > Thoughts?

    I'm in favour of anything that removes process overhead from projects -
    I think projects should have autonomy over when branches are created.

    Thanks,
    Dave.

    --
    Dave Neary - NFV/SDN Community Strategy
    Ph: +1-978-399-2182 / Cell: +1-978-799-3338