Hi Ray,

On 12/02/2016 01:33 PM, Raymond Paik wrote:
> Over the past couple of years, we've had discussions on whether meetings
> like TSC or Release call times should be based on Pacific Time (as has
> been the tradition since OPNFV started) or if the community should move
> to UTC.
>
> UTC obviously has the benefit of not changing with Daylight
> Savings/Summer time switches twice a year in North America/Europe.  When
> we last had the discussion, a large number of people preferred staying
> with Pacific Time as most of their work meetings (esp. outside of OPNFV)
> are based on their local timezones and not UTC.
>
> If we're to move to UTC here's how the meeting times will change for the
> TSC call in Pacific and Central European Timezones.

The main issue for me is that the 6am PST -> 9am PST time slots (9am -
noon EST for me) are very congested, because they are the only time
slots that are feasible for West Coast, Asia, Europe, and East Coast
participants (including at work).

For the most part, the other meetings I have track local time for
European and US participants (with 2-3 weeks negotiation during the
period when one has switched to Summer/Winter time and the other has
not). I realise this is unfair to Chinese participants and other
countries without DST, as twice a year the meeting times change for them.

If OPNFV's TSC meeting changes to tracking a UTC time, this would not
have a huge impact, except to potentially create a conflict with the
meetings happening the hour before/after now, which track US or European
local time.

Thanks,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - NFV/SDN Community Strategy
Ph: +1-978-399-2182 / Cell: +1-978-799-3338