Luke,

Since you are checking for binary files (point 2), will you also check all checkouts from version control systems (like git)? I would like all of these to pull in explicit versions (as opposed to main), since otherwise you will have no idea what you are building.

We also have a similar problem with external repositories: if you install Linux packages from an external repository, you again have a risk that there are random changes to what is installed. This is fortunately mostly relevant for installers.

-Tapio